In this week's episode, Lydia and Jonas talk about their weekend adventures including exploring the politically charged weirdness that is Eurovision, lambing season, bad swimming pool etiquette, Icelandic film and the Christian calendar. Oh boy.
THIS IS NOT SPONSORED CONTENT, Y'ALL. FER REAL.
Just so you know, we are absolutely not getting paid for any of this. None of this is an advertisement or sponsored content or a "collaboration" (can you sense our collective eye roll?) with any companies or organizations or whatever other euphemism you have for getting paid to pretend something is your honest opinion. This is pure, unadulterated solid gold from our brainses. Enjoy. Wanna say thank you? Rate us and/or leave us a review.
In this episode we mention a few resources.
Go nuts with our Google Map (we made it just for you with ♥︎)
- The Secret History of Eurovision - A great little doc looking at the roots of this bizarre phenomenon and why still people love to hate it, hate to love it and tune in regardless.
- Iceland's performance in the Eurovision 2018 semi-finals - "Our Choice" performed by Ari Ólafsson was a legendary FLOP this year.
- Sweden's performance in the Eurovision 2018 semi-finals - "Dance You Off" performed by Benjamin Ingrosso was perhaps the Eurovisioniest song of the whole enchilada. Sweden has this shit down.
- Israel's performance in the Eurovision 2018 grand finale - "Toy" performed by Netta. Great Eurovision song. But many people around Europe are horrified at celebrating Israel's win on Saturday as the following Monday, the country's army massacred unarmed Palestinians who were protesting the US embassy's move to Jerusalem. In Iceland there is a petition (with over 24,000 signatures as of May 18) to encourage Iceland's broadcaster RÚV to boycott next year's competition. 24,000 may not sound like that many people in some countries, but in Iceland that's over 7% of the population. Stay tuned to see how this plays out!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Stitcher
- Our Website
- Handy dandy Google Map
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Takk, takk and bless, bless y'all!